Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 29, 2012

English class done!!

That is the last time I take an online class!!  I just posted my final essay (just under 1500 words) and if I get a C for this class I will be a happy woman!!  Hopefully, I won't have to take it again but if I do I will take a class where I can see my teacher face to face at least once a week.

I start work at Kmart tomorrow morning, HOORAY!!!  Yes, it's a part time, minimum wage job and it's about 20 miles from my house and I don't care.  Right now, because I haven't worked in 4 years, it's so much more important to have recent work history under my belt, the money isn't the most important.  I can only do this because I have a small income, but even if I didn't I would still get a bus pass so I wouldn't have to worry about gas.  I know that I'm a good worker and once they realize it they will give me more hours.  I can't get anyone to understand how important it is to just take the job, what ever it is, get your foot in the door.  If you don't move up at least you have a recent job.  I plan on staying there until 1) I find a better job closer to home or 2) I graduate; probably number 2.

Besides, I haven't worked in 4 years, I need to get used to working again.  Going to class everyday is helping me get used to being around people again; I'm getting better, although I did have a couple of nervous moments.  I knew that if I stuck it out I would be ok in the long run, and I am getting better!

No matter what, I can't quit!! Things are moving in just the right direction and I know that if I keep going I will only get better at this and I will be able to do what I want in the long run.  For now, I have my 2 youngest grandson's for the day so after thier movie I will try to turn on my Playstation 3 and perhaps learn how to play a video game today (HA!!).  Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment