Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Anticipation...

I really have no news at this time, workman's comp hasn't gotten back to me, nor my lawyer, nor the vocational counselor.  The only reason I am posting this today is to add from another blog I have, just to keep things open:


What has happened to us?
                           
I had had enough with politics.  The last time I turned on the news I saw Iran’s President telling the UN how America had started WWI & WWII, Korea, Vietnam, 9/11 & the Holocaust were hoaxes, and I just turned the news off, I had had enough.  I haven’t been on Facebook; I haven’t read any articles, no Rachel Maddow, nothing.  I just got so frustrated that I needed a break, so I’ve been reading books and watching movies that had nothing to do with the sad state of affairs we are in.  Until this morning.

After I got my morning coffee I turned on CNN and for a minute I thought someone had taken my own blog and were reporting on it.  The man being interviewed was saying if you can get a job right now hurray for you but you should think about getting a second job and if you can’t do that there are other ways of making extra money, such as yard sales, mowing lawns, ect.  REALLY?? 

Not only had I written a blog just about 2 weeks ago saying exactly this, but I went on the White House page and asked those posting on the page MONTHS AGO if they themselves didn’t do whatever they could to earn extra money (called ‘revenue’ in Congress).  On that particular day I got back a lot of what I could only think would be considered denial.  “I wouldn’t ever get in the position to have to earn extra money because I would never own a credit card;” “I paid cash for my house so that would never happen to me.”  Um, yeah….like I said, denial. 

But the most telling thing about the interview this morning was the fact that just a year ago TV news stations were talking about “HOW YOU CAN SAVE YOUR HOME.”  Now they aren’t even going there (he did, for just a moment, bring up the value of refinancing but held himself back from laughing at what he had just said,  then told the viewers good luck with that), they are now talking about ways to stretch your unemployment dollar or just simply making extra money.    We have gotten to the point that even the main stream media is giving America financial advice that tells them to try selling their things on EBAY and Craigslist and yard sales. 

Perhaps it is just too soon for me to watch the news.  It scares me to think what the main stream media will be talking about in another 6 months; will they be giving the addresses of local soup kitchens and food pantries??  We have gone too far already but with the right wing already saying that Obama’s doesn’t know how to get us back to work I have zero hope for anything close to compromise for American’s. 

So I think I’m done watching the news for today.  I believe I will go out to what’s left of my own yard sale and see what I have that I can recycle for a couple of extra bucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment