Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The next step, coming up

I have been trying to keep busy for the last week and a half.  I've been packing and labeling the rest of my daughters stuff, getting my bank accounts connected, getting the paperwork together that I'm going to need when I go to apply for grants for school.  Busy work, but at least it makes the time go faster.  Until Saturday....

I woke up Saturday morning; it was a beautiful day and I just wanted to get out of the house and enjoy the day.  So I took my Sugar Love (my Boston Terrier mix) to Mt. St. Helen's and we went for a hike on a small trail, not a hard one.  We went until the trail forked off into 5 different paths and I decided that since I didn't have any supplies (I didn't even take water) I really didn't feel like spending the night looking for the right trail back, so we turned around.  It was nice, peaceful, quiet.  And by the time I got home I was hurting.  My knee (I just had surgery in December) was swollen and purple (just from a walk, can you believe it??) and for some reason my back was swollen and hasn't stopped hurting since.  It's very frustrating!!  All I did was go for a walk!!  So I have been taking it easy since and today I'm feeling much better.

I've been also checking the website for workman's comp, to see if they are doing anything with my case and finally I have learned that they are setting me up with a vocational rehab counselor.  YAY!!  My experience, along with what everyone tells me, is that as long as I've run a cash register in the past I have all the work experience I need for them to let me go.  What does that mean?  It means that as soon as I meet with the Voc counselor I will be cut off of workman's comp within days.  And I will be free to do what I want to do.  I have to wait for her to make an appointment with myself and my lawyer at the same time, and after that, within day's I will be released!!

I have this urge to push things to go faster but I have to be patient.  I have this deep feeling that if I just let things happen naturally then things will go much better for me.  That is one thing I have learned, to follow my gut instincts....I can't trust my head because then I'll be second guessing everything; I can't follow my heart because my heart lies to me; but my gut has been right on the money almost every time!!  And this time around, I want to do things right!!  So for now, I wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment