Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Some days are just too boring

I had hoped when I started this blog that I would be able to keep up with it daily but for right now, there's just too much time to do nothing.  I could rant about politics but that's what I created a page for, or I could expand on my sob story life but it's important to not dwell on the past; I have a future to look forward to.  So for now, in between doctor appointments and the endless waiting I really don't have too much to keep myself occupied.  I play games on the computer (I am the Mahjong queen) and I clean my house (although it really couldn't get much cleaner) and I color in velvet posters (it was the cheapest 'hobby' I could find; I would love to make quilts but my sewing machine died and I can't afford a new one just now) and I dream about my plans.  Sometimes I do more than dream and that's what I've been doing for the last couple of days.

One thing I've been doing is going through web sites and seeing what my prospects are for affordable housing.  That's probably going to be the hardest obstacle I'm going to have in the move.  When I moved up here to WA I got lucky with someone who was willing to rent me a home site unseen and I'm going to try that again.  I really don't care what the place looks like, if I don't like it I can always move when my lease is up.  My most important objective here is to find a place I can afford and that is going to be tough.  I need to try to find a home that accepts animals (I am not giving up my dog.  Period) and in my price range.  Now Sugar isn't a large dog so I don't see too much problem with that but finding something in my price range and them allowing me to rent without meeting me face to face first, now that's a different story.

There are a couple of places available right now in my price range, a couple that are a tiny bit over my price range that I may consider and they all take animals (although some ask for a pet rent, very ridiculous) but for now I don't have a move date so it would be crazy for me to even begin a conversation.  So for now I'm just getting an idea on what I have to look forward to.  I will have to stay in budget, which my budget is gonna be tight, so I have to be very careful.

The second thing I have done kept me up late last night with it going through my head, all the possibilities I can do.  I am planning on going back to school as soon as possible and now I have a definite date to begin that.  I have to be in NV by the end of September, beginning of October no matter what if I want to begin in January.  Registration begins in November and I don't know what it's going to take to be able to sit down with a counselor, but I have all the paperwork now.  I know what classes I need and how I need to move forward.

It's going to be longer than I thought, I have a lot of prerequisites but I have already taken 2 semester's and I was on the President's Honor Roll in 2009 and I can carry those credits with me.  That means I have a head start on my prereq's.  I want to go into Radiology Tech but in order to do that I have to get a degree in Sonography first, then I have to petition UNLV hospital to be able to go into their Radiology program.  So instead of 2 - 3 years this is going to take me 4 - 5 years to get my degree.  I really don't see the problem with that.  Once I have a degree as a Sonographer I can work at a decent paying job while going to school.

I am so excited about going back to school I was about to jump out of my own skin last night!  I have to get my official transcript this week because the very first thing I'm going to do is to make an appointment with the college in NV and get that ball rolling (well, after I get my drivers license, that really, legally, has to be the first thing I actually do).  I have already filled out my FAFSA and I know I will be able to get a Pell grant (in the GOP and Tea Party haven't done away with that option) and I will be able to get a scholarship through the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, all of which means I am going to need time to get all my irons into the fire.  Which means I need to make this move within the next month and a half.

I have a doctors appointment next Monday but I'm going to call her tomorrow and ask if she could talk to my lawyer and set up an appointment for me to have my final medical evaluation sooner.  I really need to get this going, if I don't make it in time for the January classes I will have to wait for the summer classes and I am really tired of waiting.

So let's see if I can pull this off...

No comments:

Post a Comment