Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Where I am today

Remember when I mentioned my first home??  I've been here for over 5 years now and I love this home but I am no longer in a position to keep it.  A few months ago things really started falling apart and I just can't afford to fix anything here.  At first it was hard to consider but I got a glimmer of an idea and I've been rolling with it since.

First of all, my whole family (except for 1 daughter who is living with me right now) all live in Nevada (all my grand kids live there and 2 of my kids) and Arizona (my parents, my sis moved to OK....) and really, after all I've been through, especially with my ex, I really have nothing left here in this little town.  There are not only no jobs, business's have been closing right and left.  My plan was to retire  here and open a used bookstore but now there's Kindle and that kinda throw's that plan away, oh well, it was a nice thought...

So, I'm moving to NV to be near my grand kids.  I will be going back to school, and I'm thinking about Radiology Tech.  That's the plan for now, it could change.  But I have already been packing and have sold most of my furniture and anything else I don't 'need.'

I haven't paid my mortgage in about 4 months and I am officially in foreclosure.  I have to do this, and at first it was a hard decision but after I mourned my home I started making these plans.  Couldn't hurt my credit, the bankruptcy did that already. What I've been doing for the last 4 months is 1) paying some medical bills; 2) paying my school loans off (as much as I can, I'm ahead right now); and 3) getting my car everything it needs.  I don't think I'll have to sleep in my car but just in case I don't want to have it parked somewhere and not be able to drive it so I got new tires, brakes, battery, a tune up and I have to get a new spare (the one I have now is bald) and I have a problem with my lights, that's gonna cost the most because they have to take my steering column apart.  But that's it, paying off bills, I got 2 new loans ( one to put my student loans together and one to put all my medical bills together, so now instead of 5 different bills I only have 2 and my interest is very low on both), and taking care of my car.  Now I can save as much money as possible.

I am almost completely packed, the only things that aren't packed already are what I use every day.  I have sold almost everything but there are some things in my garage and I'm thinking another garage sale next weekend.  I've already made over $600 this year in a garage sale, extra money never hurt anyone!!

I have an appointment with my doctor next week and we are going to talk about her releasing me medically and then I can get this ball rolling.

So that's it.  You are all caught up to me and anything I do from now on we can go through together.  I don't expect workman's comp to move fast and I am not going to push anything.  I'm going to let it happen naturally and be patient.  Try to be patient.  I have other appointments this week, one with my lawyer and one with HUD, I have some questions for both that will help me with my decisions but otherwise I'm winging this from here on.

So enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment